What is an Integrative Health Coach?
An Integrative Health Coach is someone who has undertaken extensive training in the techniques necessary to create dynamic partnerships with clients that move people toward satisfying and healthy lifestyle choices. Coaches help people clarify what they want, for it is only through clarity of purpose that something becomes attainable.
Integrative Health Coaching facilitates behavior change in a structured, supportive partnership between the client and the coach. This partnership has several advantages over a traditional health care relationship:
- Integrative Health Coaching is ongoing. We don’t meet just once or twice a year but twice or more each month to support necessary change.
- As an Integrative Health Coach I work with the whole person, taking time to listen to concerns, fears, dreams and aspirations.
- I strive to create and sustain the mindset in my clients needed to make and sustain lifestyle changes by heightening your personal awareness. You can’t change something you are not aware of!
- Integrative Health Coaching inspires change by connecting people with the ways in which their health supports their personal purpose and values, and their vision of ultimate health. I believe this is the most powerful reason Integrative Health Coaching is so effective.
- Clients are held accountable for their commitments, and coaches empower clients to identify lessons learned from any outcome that occurs.
- As an Integrative Health Coach I work in partnership with my clients to identify obstacles to change and help create strategies for forward movement under a wide range of circumstances. I help clients come up with a “Plan B” and often times it’s being prepared for plan B that gives the client the support needed to be successful.
- Integrative Health Coaches help clients define and build a “supportive space” in which it is safe to perform the work necessary for sustainable change. I hold this space sacred for each and every client. You will work hard to create this space, you should partner with someone who will value this space as much as you will.
As a Duke trained Integrative Health Coach and a Registered Pharmacist, I will help you achieve your ultimate health goals by creating the supportive space needed to explore all aspects of your life and discover how they affect your health. Working together we will devise your individual plan to optimize your well-being and start the progression to your integrated health.
Integrative Health Coaches help people clarify what they want in a structured, supportive partnership between the client and the coach. Coaches help clients define and build a safe environment to perform the work necessary for sustainable change while inspiring change by connecting clients with the ways in which their health supports their vision of ultimate health.